Welcome to my site 🙂 I always enjoyed taking photos since I was a small kid. I remember once I asked my mum to take photos of my toy soldiers, thinking that I could make people believe that the photos I took where in a real war zone :p
Why photography? I don’t consider myself as much of a writer even if I do write on a daily basis on my journal. I feel that through photography I can see, capture and share what I find interesting. Through photography I am sharing what my mind is impressed with. Photography for me is a means to contribute to the world of art.
I feel that we are lucky to live in a world that there is so much to see…so much beauty and so many stories to tell. I am lucky to be one of those story tellers. Why am I a story teller? Because instead of a pen I use my camera and instead of paper I use photographic printing paper. Instead of a rubber I use Photoshop and to enhance colour instead of colouring pencils I have Lightroom. Through this comparison I can even change the quote “the pen is stronger than the sword” to “the camera is stronger than the sword”… and in so many ways this is true.
I hope that you will keep on visiting my site and that one day I’ll get to know you 🙂
- I was born on the 26th of September 1979.
- I am married to Stephanie and have 2 kids Alice and Gabriel.
- 2015: Distinction in Still Image Photography (accredited level 4 course).
- 2017: Another important qualification in photography: the LMIPP in nature macro photography.
- I am passionate, hardworking, creative and an idealist.
- I am a user of Canon Cameras.
- I love to take photos of people, insects, nature, events and landscape.
- My favorite lens: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens.
- The services I provide are photo sessions,baptism, weddings and events photography.
- I love taking portrait photos for several reasons i)it is a privilege to take photos for any person ii) in a photo session there is always something magical which is translated into great photos.
- I am an avid audiobook listener.
- Photo that strikes me most: Kevin Carter’s dying child.
- Photography is my obsession. I owned my first digital camera (Kodak MC3) in 2002 and since then I’ve taken hundreds of thousands of images.
- Hobbies: Photography, hiking, reading, playing computer games, watching movies and tv series.
- My favourite movies are Star Wars, Matrix and Indiana Jones.
- I am a licensed NLP Practitioner.
- I have been keeping a daily diary since 1999.
- I believe in the importance of personal growth.
- I am involved in voluntary organisations such as the Malta Institute of Professional Photography and CAMYouths.
- I read over 35 books a year.
- I’ve worked for 10 years on Capital Radio with 4 programs a week that included the weekend breakfast shows.
- I’ve graduated in BA Sociology and Communications and obtained my PGCE in Social Studies.
- I am a Social Studies teacher and I love my job as a teacher.
- I am an environmentalist. I believe in the saying “think globally act locally”.
- I admire Sir Richard Branson.
- My favourite books are the Stephen King’s The Stand, King’s series of books called ‘The Dark Tower’ and the Harry Potter series.
- I also like psychology and history books.
- My two favourite quotes:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning – Albert Einstein
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever – Mahatma Gandhi.
- When I sleep I often have very vivid dreams. Actually no Hollywood movie can beat the intensity of my dreams.
- I’ve been to France around 21 times possibly as much as I’ve been to Malta’s sister island Gozo.
- I believe that life is meant to be enjoyed. Through life we will have many occasions that will help us learn, understand ourselves better and our purpose in life.