Welcome to my site. I always enjoyed taking photos since I was a small kid. I remember once I asked my mum to take photos of my toy soldiers, thinking that I could make people believe that the photos I took where in a real war zone :p
Why photography? I don’t consider myself as much of a writer even if I do write on a daily basis on my journal. I feel that through photography I can see, capture and share what I find interesting. Through photography I am sharing what my mind is impressed with. Photography for me is a means to contribute to the world of art.
I feel that we are lucky to live in a world that there is so much to see…so much beauty and so many stories to tell. I am lucky to be one of those story tellers. Why am I a story teller? Because instead of a pen I use my camera and instead of paper I use photographic printing paper. Instead of a rubber I use Photoshop and to enhance colour instead of colouring pencils I have Lightroom. Through this comparison I can even change the quote “the pen is stronger than the sword” to “the camera is stronger than the sword”… and in so many ways this is true.
So with these words of wisdom I leave you here with some more random facts about me. I hope that you will keep on visiting my site and that one day I’ll get to know you.
- I was born on the 26th of September 1979.
- I am married to Stephanie and have 2 kids Alice and Gabriel.
- In 2015 I did an accredited course in photography with the Malta Institute of Professional Photography and I obtained a distinction.
- I am passionate, hardworking, creative and an idealist.
- I am a user of Canon Cameras.
- I love to take photos of people, insects, nature, events and landscape.
- My favorite lens: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens.
- The services I provide are photo sessions,baptism, weddings and events photography.
- I love taking portrait photos for several reasons i)it is a privilege to take photos for any person ii) in a photo session there is always something magical which is translated into great photos.
- I am an avid audiobook listener.
- Photo that strikes me most: Kevin Carter’s dying child.
- Photography is my obsession. I owned my first digital camera (Kodak MC3) in 2002 and since then I’ve taken hundreds of thousands of images.
- Hobbies: Photography, hiking, reading, playing computer games, watching movies and tv series.
- My favourite movies are Star Wars, Matrix and Indiana Jones.
- I am a licensed NLP Practitioner.
- I have been keeping a daily diary since 1999.
- I believe in the importance of personal growth.
- I am involved in voluntary organisations such as the Malta Institute of Professional Photography and CAMYouths.
- I read over 35 books a year.
- I’ve worked for 10 years on Capital Radio with 4 programs a week that included the weekend breakfast shows.
- I’ve graduated in BA Sociology and Communications and obtained my PGCE in Social Studies.
- I am a Social Studies teacher and I love my job as a teacher.
- I am an environmentalist. I believe in the saying “think globally act locally”.
- I admire Sir Richard Branson.
- My favourite books are the Stephen King’s The Stand, King’s series of books called ‘The Dark Tower’ and the Harry Potter series.
- I also like psychology and history books.
- My two favourite quotes:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning – Albert Einstein
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever – Mahatma Gandhi.
- When I sleep I often have very vivid dreams. Actually no Hollywood movie can beat the intensity of my dreams.
- I’ve been to France around 21 times possibly as much as I’ve been to Malta’s sister island Gozo.
- I believe that life is meant to be enjoyed. Through life we will have many occasions that will help us learn, understand ourselves better and our purpose in life.